Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tattoos and school

Been having some serious thought about getting a tattoo. Yeah yeah, I was the girl that hated tattoos. Or liked them, just not on me! I mean could I really find a tattoo that I'd be willing to stare at for the rest of my life? I think I want something that represents my kids but I just haven't come across anything that catches my eye. I know what I don't want and that would be anything that is stereotypical. Like the hand or feet prints when they were babys. Or their names in cursive, or the dumb butterfly thing. YUCK! Soooo not me! I'll give it more thought and do some searching.
Now the big question for me would be, do I drive back and forth to Bangor at least twice a week to attempt to finish up this darn degree? I never wanted an associates degree in nursing, I've always been about more education and pushing myself to be more and get the Bachelors. However, this drive can be very tedious and mondane. What do I do with my kids? How much is this going to cost? I dont' want to say it isn't worth it because then I feel like I'm not worth it and I'm giving up. Can I really expect myself to stay here in this place, be a stay at home mom, and keep feeling trapped? I really don't know. What I do know is that I'm a better mom when I'm away from my kids and come back refreshed and ready to see their sweet faces. I also know that my drive to be a better person and be able to be my own support is there in full force. My dad always told me "it's okay to have support but never rely on a man. Be able to take care of yourself." I'm getting older and I want that more than ever. I can't keep sitting here knowing that my greatest contribution is raising our kids or that I've perfected the art of vacuuming. (ha!) What to do, what to do? Can't someone just tell me what to do?

And as usual, here is my "miss me" picture.


2 comments:

  1. I think you should go back to school. What else do you have to do with your time in Jonesport America? Just think, when you move somewhere new you will have a degree and a good probability that you can get a good job. I am finishing up my school but I don't have to drive. I don't think twice a week is too much. I wish I had a solution for you for Hunter, but there is nothing around here. I would offer to watch him but I am working on homework all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finish that degree woman! You've always wanted to, you now have the opportunity... don't let a couple feeble obstacles stand in your way. Don't you remember?

    Excuse Queen? No more....! Go get it done Stacy, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete