Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The first of many


So let's start this entry off with some unattractive photos of myself. I'm in some serious denial about how bad I am. But then I'm suddenly awe struck when I see the reality of a photo. And not just a bad photo but, a photo of how I really look. I don't see this when I look in a mirror. So lets add another one shall we?


Yup....and there we are! The epitomy of a side shot. Not cool! Let me throw in a picture of my cute kids just to even out the scales.




So back to me. I have reached a new weight plateau. I'm not sure I'm feeling brave enough to share my number but I am officially at my heaviest I have ever been. Even pregnant with my son, which says something. This blog is to help me keep on track. There are times when I'd much rather write my feelings than speak them. So here we are. I am going to blog about my journey to losing weight and re-gaining my self esteem and control. I wont' always write about my weight. I'm sure I'll talk about my family, and what I've done through the day. I'll also try to be as confident as I am feeling today to post pictures of myself as I go along. This is a very personal time in my life and I have goals that I feel I haven't even come close to achieving. So, here we go! My goals are:
-To lose 25lbs before Christmas
-Start running
-I've wanted to complete a marathon before I'm 30 (I just turned 28).
-To compete in the Disney Half Marathon
-Be smaller than I was when I met my husband
It seems like a load to put on myself but these are the things that I always think about when I think about coming back into myself and enjoying my own body again. In one month I am going to do my very first 5k in Machias, ME. They have their annual Blueberry Festival and I'm going to sign myself up. I have no intentions of running it. But, I will walk it and I will complete it. I am needing some form of self accomplishment and this will be the first big one for me.

5 comments:

  1. I walked my first 5K back in April. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had! I am not a runner and at first I felt horrible that I was "just walking" but after I did it, I felt so great! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW you can do this ! You have a strong drive when you want something done. GO YOU GO YOU !

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Stacy, I know you can do it and I know exactly how you feel about the whole weight thing. Just to help build your esteem, I personally think that you are very beautiful lady! Whether you lose weight or not we all still love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs Stacy! You CAN do this! You are a beautiful and wonderful person. :) We all get off track from time-to-time (trust me! ugh!) I am going to start riding the bike I've dragged all around this country instead of leaving it in storage once again. We can support each other! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can accomplish your goals, and your body and your chilren will thank you. We'll be here with you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete